Brothers

Tonight Zeke and Zane are sleeping in the same bed for the first time - and it is not an orchestrated event. We just happened to get back to the hotel late, and I was nursing Zane to keep him asleep while Zeke was getting ready for bed. Ryan had to run off to meet with another friend, so to keep things easy I let Zeke join us in the same bed. 

So the boys fell asleep together.



Later tonight, I heard Zeke yell out in his sleep - a common occurrence for this nightmare-prone boy. I crept into the room later and saw that both boys were sleeping soundly again, with Zeke's hand on Zane's arm.

And my heart lurched. There will be many days when I can't be around to take away fears and hurts, as much as I want to encircle these two boys. But on at least some of these days, they will have each other, and I am comforted knowing that they can hold each others' hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tracking Baby T - Weeks 2 - 17

Heartbreak

Embracing Seasons