Tracking Baby T - Weeks 2 - 17


Ryan was known as Mr. T when he taught middle school one summer during college.  After I got married, I was called Mrs. Takasugi by my students for about one month, and then after that it was Mrs. T.  So it's only apt that our as-of-yet unnamed child be called "Baby T" for now.

This is a post I've been meaning to put up for a while - a picture-history of the growing baby T.



It all started last August, when we were busy saying goodbye in Hong Kong, making as many fun trips with friends and family as possible, eating out a lot, and trying to pack here and there.


"2 weeks" 
(Don't ask me why in the world when one conceives one is considered "2-weeks pregnant." Beats me, but this is how the doctors count it!) 

This is our first "family" picture, taken when Baby T was a mere zygote (or possibly morula?).  We had no idea. We were busy having fun at our junk boat farewell party that church friends had organized for us. Great day - dear, dear friends, beautiful weather, board games, and wake-boarding (my first successful attempt, and then a couple more!).

3 weeks
Mom, Dad, Clara and I went out to Cheung Chau one day for a last hurrah - visiting our first home in Hong Kong, looking at the now-defunct kindergarten I went to (as a horrified 2-year-old), strolling, chatting, and enjoying fantastic seafood.  By this time, Ryan and I knew, but we weren't telling anyone yet.

Baby T is a ball of a few hundred cells here - a blastocyst.


5 weeks
We flew out of Hong Kong on the night of August 31. We were spoiled - Mom and Dad drove and dropped us off, and our Plus group (ie. small group) (and Ryan's good friend at DBS, Mason) came to send us off! The highlights were one last dessert at Hui Lau Shan and a BEAUTIFUL huge photo book of good times in Plus!

Baby T here is officially an embryo - tiny tiny - the size of a poppy seed!

We miss you guys!!!! :(



(And then began the madness of school... thus the gap of a month and a half in pictures.)



12 weeks
October 20 - first doctor's appointment!  Baby was so cute (well, at least to us) during the ultrasound, paddling and wiggling like crazy! That day really changed how I felt about this new stage - moving from apprehension and worry to awe and wonder - what a weighty gift from God!

Ultrasound pics in tow, we start telling our family the great news.


13 weeks
Let the belly shots begin!  I have one from week 11, but honestly, there's not much to it.  Week 13 was when the bulge became noticeable to me. These were taken after a run - a goofy one and a close-up.



I wasn't feeling so great during this time - REALLY REALLY sleepy a lot of time (Ryan would come home in the evening finding me in bed, having napped for 2-3 hours every afternoon) and feeling pretty nauseous.  I didn't feel like myself at all, having always loved eating.

Ryan got me flowers one weekend from the farmer's market - really cheered me up :)



15 weeks
Nov 11 (11/11/11!!) - This was taken just before the Stanford ICE (International Comparative Ed) party. I decided that was a good night to tell my classmates about the pregnancy.  Lots of excitement!


17 weeks
We spent Thanksgiving break on the east coast - first Boston, then New Haven.  SUCH a reinvigorating trip - lots and lots of quality time with friends and family - much needed when we were still setting down roots at Stanford and longing for deep conversations and people we love and know well.

Here is a picture I'm including just because Ryan did such a great job - we went to the Branford swing to recreate that unforgettable and sleepless night spring semester of junior year when a bunch of 07 people "studied" in LC, and Ryan and I went off to Swing Space to play ping-pong, sat on the swing at dawn, and then regrouped with the 07ers to have breakfast at Yankee Doodle. Love was in the air!


Found these residential college crests outside the new Apple store. We couldn't resist!  Here, Baby T is just about 5 inches long from head to butt.  The bulge is growing!




Alrighty - I think entering the 2nd trimester is a good place to stop. To be continued!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartbreak

Dear Zane