Miles Away

I'm sitting in the Schipol airport of Amsterdam, two hours into my ten-hour layover. Amsterdam is a whitish grey, drearily cold. The airport itself is cheery, with nice lounging sofas and chic shops and cute little restaurants and tulip bulbs for sale. But I can't help feel the thousands of miles between me and my husband and baby.

Airports are so displacing, and I've always felt a bit sad when travelling alone. There is a part of me that was excited for the air travel part of this trip to Uganda - finally, no baby! Free time to read! But now that it's happening, I'm just longing for home - which, now just means wherever my husband and son are.
 
Where I sat for a few hours during my long, long layover
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tracking Baby T - Weeks 2 - 17

Heartbreak

Dear Zane