Enjoying this time



As a birthday gift, Ryan collected messages from older and wiser women in our lives who gave me advice on two months before, two days after, and two months after the baby's arrival. I've read the part on two months before, and the message that comes up again and again is: Enjoy this moment.

So I'm thankful that I have (God willing) a month to rest, to reflect, to enjoy stillness before the baby's arrival. The messages say we should enjoy time with "just the two of us," and I hope to get to do that when Ryan's back from Mozambique. For now, I guess I'll aim to enjoy having baby inside me, still in some way a part of me, not yet his only little person.

Just one more month of the curve of his body against the curve of my belly, his growing shape mimicking mine, my abdomen doing the job of a sling or carrier. Just one more month of unthinkingly but constantly resting my hand on the swell, cupping his little head or little back against my palm, his life still a complete mystery to me.


"Such a daily walking embrace."


     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tracking Baby T - Weeks 2 - 17

Heartbreak

Dear Zane