Tracking Baby T - Weeks 18 - 26

Well, well, what do you know - 3rd trimester has begun! Baby T continues to flip and kick and nudge and burrow his head into my various organs, and my belly continues to balloon.

18 Weeks
Here I am back at Week 18 - still running!  That feels like a distant dream now.  I remember feeling quite prominently pregnant, and wondering if some motherly lady would stop me and scold me for running while pregnant. That looks like a little bump to me now!




19 Weeks

On December 12, we went in for the anatomy ultrasound. We brought along two DBS lai see packet - one with a little girl, the other with a boy. We then asked the nurse to put the lai see packet with the gender of our baby into a larger envelope for us to take home with us.

She had to put some post-its on the lai see to make sure we couldn't see through the envelope.  Hehe.

I was dying to open the envelope that night, but Ryan eventually convinced me that it would make a good Christmas present to open it on Christmas day. I contented myself that night with looking through the many ultrasound print-outs we got that day.




20-21 Weeks

It was an insane end to fall quarter - both us of madly finishing papers or studying for finals, and having to pack up our apartment so we could move to our new place on campus, designated for couples with children. We had to put all our stuff into storage over winter break, because our new place was not available until mid-way through winter break, but we had to hand over the keys to our old apartment before then.

You can imagine our relief upon arriving in LA, not having school or moving hanging over heads. (Well, at least not too much.)

We spent a few days with my side of the family in Sequoia. It was lots of fun - easy hikes around amazing groves of giant trees, making meals, card games with the family.  Here's a cute pic of my parents:


 And one of us at the peak of Moro Rock.  It was breathtaking - in both senses of the word.


Amidst all the hustle and bustle, it was nice to go to Christmas Eve service and worship with old Christmas favorites.


Afterwards, Ryan said we could open our Christmas gift at midnight. We were both so nervous when the time came!

In Ry's childhood bedroom, we prayed (maybe to calm our nerves? haha), slipped out the lai see packet, took off the post-its, and then hugged each other in giddy joy.

We're having a boy!



22-23 Weeks

Jason and Veronica got married January 1, 2011, and for their wedding gift, we gave them a coupon to travel to Hawaii with us.  They never got our card, but we were gracious enough to still take them to Oahu for 10 days.

We overdosed on food, fun, beaches, hikes, swimming, snorkeling, and good times with great people. Felt great to boogie-board one last time before becoming a mama!





Clever Uncle Mike remembered to take a profile shot at one point.


26 Weeks
As you can imagine, it was not easy to transition from the tropical breezes back to school.  But at least we returned to sunny Palo Alto, not slushy, gray New Haven (or Boston, J and V).  Thankfully, our classes have been great this quarter and we're actually glad to be working hard!

 Another great blessing has been the warmer weather, which has allowed me to go swimming again. I've been having pretty severe hip pain on and off that made me walk with a limp, so running was out of the question. But I started to feel that it go worse with my sedentary state. Swimming has really helped keep the pain under control - keep that in mind ladies for when you get pregnant! :)

Here's one from two weeks ago. My belly button says hi to the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tracking Baby T - Weeks 2 - 17

Heartbreak

Dear Zane